Monday, April 16, 2012

Fear and it's various science-y bits.

DA OBSERVATIONS
When I was relaying the story to the class, I noted some looks of passive interest, possibly recognition, and maybe a bit of unease when I showed the still of the video in question. As was rather expected at that point, laughs were certainly had by the class when I brought up the unexpected fear reaction from my door being thrown open, which was obviously the stronger reaction from everyone else. Admittedly by the time that day rolled around, even I thought it was pretty hilarious.

COMPARISON TO HYPOTHESIS
Expected class reactions were expected. On my end, having actually read the story behind the image, the significance was... not diminished, but perhaps re-ordered. Having a reason for the image, as a show-and-tell piece to a more eerie story rather than a random video with gibberish audio and a menacing thumbnail. As I watched the video, I thought about the characters in the story rather than the image itself and by doing that the image was less intimidating.

WHAT I COULD DO DIFFERENT
At this point, my only regret was that I didn't record the whole thing. Since I'd gotten over it by the time, I could've easily shared it in class. Perhaps next time, I'll set up a similar scenario with a quickie horror game SCP-87, record all the happenings and read out loud associated materials.

No comments:

Post a Comment