Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Class afterthoughts: 3/5

Half-sleep is interesting. Your mind's partially engaged, occasionally taking in snippets of the world around you, the rest of the time it's making brief movie clips from those snippets. Needless to say this got weird with the art critic that thinks calling an art piece phallic is a compliment.

The potter sounded like my kind of guy, doing art because he wants to, rather than he has to, and screw and ulterior motives, he's just relaxing. I like to art for the sake of art sometimes, so I can understand. However I find it irritating when, like the art critics, despite the pieces' stated purpose, find deeper meaning that's simply not there. I call this "Scarlet Letter Syndrome" since I felt especially in that novel the english teachers were reaching for meanings that simply weren't there.

In summary it just enforced my thoughts as thus: 

Keep on art'n potter dude.

No comments:

Post a Comment