Monday, March 19, 2012

Things that have maintained perpendicular orientation.

This class was certainly different from what I expected, even with the stories, tales, and recounts of previous classes. First day of class was certainly memorable, when my idea for an egg project that I'd held over from last semester had been shot down with the introduction of the bead.

Singing bowls, man, those things are something. Well enough that I find that a bowl can make a resonant tone like that, then find it could be used on any old bell? Mind = blown. A close second to this discovery being all the fun stuff I learned about large cats and their associated hybrids (and how much free time science apparently has)

Of the class so far, I can say I like how open-ended the assignments can be. (if not flat-out BS'ed) I like to be able to flex creative muscles towards other goals/assignments while not having to worry so much about how the grade will turn out. It's how I feel the educational system SHOULD be, gauged on an individual basis, not a group standard.

I'm hoping that the class finally starts to warm up to each other and be a little more social. I realize that such a large class makes this difficult, but a little friendly topic discussion beats being talked at any day.

No comments:

Post a Comment